Artsbridge began in 1986 when 250 citizens came to together and formulated a Cultural Action Plan for the Mid-Ohio Valley. From that comprehensive plan emerged, Artsbridge, the arts service agency for Washington County, Ohio and Wood County, West Virginia.
Managed by exceptional staff members and an active board of directors, Artsbridge supports and manages three main programs:
The purpose of Artsbridge is to improve the quality of life in the Mid-Ohio Valley by promoting and supporting the arts through financial and technical support, and arts education in our schools and community.
- To maintain and develop arts education opportunities in the schools and communities.
- To strengthen technical capabilities for qualifying arts organizations & individual artists.
- To develop awareness of arts activities and the role of Artsbridge in the community we serve.
- To facilitate cooperation among arts organizations and artists.
- To maintain a presence in community planning and development activities.
- To contribute to the health and well-being of the community by offering creative outlets which enrich, uplift and educate.
- To reach underserved constituencies who may not traditionally be involved in artistic experiences, and to make the arts accessible to all people.
Artsbridge is committed to contribute to the health and well-being of the community by offering creative outlets which enrich, uplift, and educate, and to reach underserved constituencies who may not traditionally be involved in artistic experiences, and to make arts accessible to all people.