2021 – 2022 Artsbridge Artists on Tour Performances
This series brings three national tour groups/performers each academic year to perform for over 16,000 students in grades K – 6 in the counties we serve. Study Guides are provided for each tour.
The following touring programs are scheduled for the 2021 – 2022 season. Contact Kathy Reeder at 304-428-3988 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Hobey Ford – “Animalia”
- Together with his team of adorable “Foamies”, Hobey makes animals of all sorts emerge in movement and music to form a full-on puppet ballet. Watch as the habits and habitats of the world’s mightiest beasts and tiniest bugs come into furry focus right before your eyes.
- March 7th-10th
- Suggested for grades K-2
- For participating schools in Wood, Pleasants, and Ritchie Counties in WV and Washington County in Ohio.
Mad River Theater Works
- Suggested for grades 3 – 4
- Mad River Theater Works will NOT be able to present “John Henry” at this time.
- Watch for updates for exact dates.
- John Henry is a well known figure of American folklore. Born in poverty in rural West Virginia, John Henry’s incredible size and strength became legendary as he worked laying track for the railroads that criss-crossed the countryside in the late nineteenth century. No one could match his skill or endurance, until the invention of the steam powered driver, that is.
The Arts Education Program is funded in part by: West Virginia Division of Culture and History, Ohio Arts Council and National Endowment for the Arts, The Ross Foundation, The Bernard McDonough Foundation, Highmark, Peoples Bank, The Fenton Foundation, and by contributors to the Artsbridge Fund.