Artsbridge began in 1986 when 250 citizens came to together and formulated a Cultural Action Plan for the Mid-Ohio Valley. From that comprehensive plan emerged, Artsbridge, the arts service agency for Washington County, Ohio and Wood County, West Virginia.
Managed by exceptional staff members and an active board of directors, Artsbridge supports and manages three main programs:
The Artsbridge Mission is “igniting the Arts within the Mid-Ohio Valley”.
- To maintain and develop arts education opportunities in the schools and communities.
- To strengthen technical capabilities for qualifying arts organizations & individual artists.
- To develop awareness of arts activities and the role of Artsbridge in the community we serve.
- To facilitate cooperation among arts organizations and artists.
- To maintain a presence in community planning and development activities.
- To contribute to the health and well-being of the community by offering creative outlets which enrich, uplift and educate.
- To reach underserved constituencies who may not traditionally be involved in artistic experiences, and to make the arts accessible to all people.
Artsbridge is committed to contribute to the health and well-being of the community by offering creative outlets which enrich, uplift, and educate, and to reach underserved constituencies who may not traditionally be involved in artistic experiences, and to make arts accessible to all people.
This site is intended to provide information to people in the Mid-Ohio Valley about Artsbridge, our role in the arts community and the many activities, events and opportunities there are to participate in the arts, right here.
At Artsbridge, we know that a strong commitment to preserving and perpetuating the arts enriches lives and affects economic growth. The arts are also vital to the children living and learning in Wood County, West Virginia and Washington County, Ohio.
A resource for parents, educators, artists, patrons of the arts and art organizations, Artsbridge is an arts council dedicated to improving the quality of life in the Mid-Ohio Valley by promoting and supporting the arts through financial and administrative support, and arts education in our schools and community.